The Tasks screen allows a user to record different types of contact that have been made with a particular prospect or customer and also to setup reminders for future tasks. On occasions there will be a requirement to add a new contact to an existing record.
- To add a new contact to a task, you will need to firstly open up the task screen:
- In the Contact section, the system may already display contact details that have been entered.
Note: If there aren’t any existing contact details displayed, simply enter details in the fields displayed, and then click on the Create New Contact icon:
The system will then add the contact details to the drop down list for future use.
- In order to add new contact details, firstly click on the Clear Contact Details icon:
- The system will then blank out the fields, allowing you to then enter the Title, First Name & Last Name of the new contact.
- Use the drop down arrow icon to then select the contacts Job Title. If the Job Title isn’t listed, simply type in the text required and then press enter.
- The system will then confirm if you wish to add the new Job Title entered, click on the Yes button to confirm:
(Job Titles setup in this way can be maintained by clicking on System¦CRM¦Job Titles).
- Then enter the Main Phone Number, Mobile Number, Fax Number and Email address for the new contact.
- The final two fields are user definable and can be setup in System¦More¦User References¦Tasks.
These fields can be used to record any additional information that may be required for Contacts on your system.