Whilst completing a Job on a PDA, an engineer can use the “Further Work Required” button, to enter details of the work required, parts to be ordered etc.
Once done on the PDA, office staff can then deal with Further Work by allocating this to a Job, or mark this as not required
- First, go to the Jobs Global Enquiry screen and change the status to “Further Work Required”, to then view the jobs highlighted earlier by the engineer as requiring additional work
- Double click on the Job required
- If the job is Single Equipment (one or no pieces of equipment displayed in the top left hand corner of the job) , go to the Labour Tab, click on the three dots on the far right hand side of the screen. Whilst in the visit, click on the Further Work “To Do” button, shown in the bottom left hand corner of the screen
- However, if the job is MultiEquip (Specifies Multi Equipment in the top left hand corner of the job), go to the Equipment tab. Then in the bottom right hand corner click “View 1” to get to “View 2”. Here you will see further work as a column. From here click the three dots next to where further work is required
- The system will then display the details of the further work required, entered by the engineer on the PDA
- If a further visit isn’t necessary, then click on the “No Action Required” button. The system will then change the status of the job accordingly
- If a further visit is required then click on the “Add to Job” button. The system will then display a list of Jobs that are currently open for the same customer:
- If you wish to attach the work required as an additional visit to a current job, select the Job required and then click on the “Add to New Job” button. The system will then add the work required to the job selected as a new visit, with a status of “Un-Allocated”. This can then be allocated to an engineer, inspection sheets added, parts ordered etc.
- If you wish to add the work required to a new job, then click on the “Add to New Job” button. The system will then create a new job with the text automatically entered in the Main tab and also creates a Labour Visit, again with the text automatically entered. This visit can then be allocated to an engineer, inspection sheets added, parts ordered etc.