Protean GDPR Toolkit Launched April 2018
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation was designed to enable individuals to better control their personal data. It was adopted by the European Parliament & became law in May 2016 and becomes fully enforceable in the UK & Ireland on 25th May 2018. It applies to all companies that work with personal data of EU citizens.
If you are unsure about your responsibilities under GDPR you could consult the official ICO advice at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-dataprotection-regulation-gdpr/ where there is an excellent PDF download available detailing what you need to consider as you prepare: https://ico.org.uk/media/1624219/preparing-for-the-gdpr-12-steps.pdf
Protean GDPR Toolkit
Whilst we recognise that it is each businesses sole responsibility to work towards compliance with the new regulations Protean Software has created a free GDPR Toolkit to assist you with your efforts, available to all supported customers.
The toolkit consists of three elements:
1. A free suite of reports & alerts to help you identify records you are holding on Protean which may require your attention under GDPR.
- Report showing Customers with no transactions
- Report to show list of Employees by their last login date
- Alert when a Customer has been marked as closed and has not had a transaction
Please contact the Support Desk if you are interested in having these reports & alerts added to your system.
2. Should you choose to carry out an initial audit of your database to see what personal data (specifically Contact Records) you are holding that you want to remove, our Data Specialist team will anonymise flagged records for you enmasse & free of charge. Please call us for details.
3. Several free to access help articles have been added to the support website with step-by-step instructions on anonymising contact, customer, supplier & employee records within Protean.
Free webinars are being arranged to cover these aspects of the toolkit and dates will be announced shortly.